Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Updates and Cranberry Scone Bread

This will be quick because of connection problems.

First, a recipe:

Cranberry Scone Bread

Starter
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon yeast
1/2 flour

Mix and let sit.

Blend:
1 & 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 cup oats
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2-3/4 cup dried cranberries

Add:
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Stir in starter to flour mixture; when smooth, turn out and knead for five minutes. Let rise in a loaf pan somewhere warm for at least thirty minutes or until it doubles in size. Bake at 350 F for 30-45 minutes, depending on the oven and pan.

My compatriots, Linnea and hostess Lydia, enjoyed the bread, though my scones this morning were burnt and chewy.

...

Now, I posted two entries that I have written while I have been here. My wireless connection is somewhat problematic. All the same, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment