Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tumblr

So, I created a Tumblr account. All posts on this blog will end up there, but this blog will remain for the more prosaic types of posts. What Tumblr allows/supports/does is allow me to link/post/reblog various other forms of media (music, photos, quotes, etc.) and doing so quickly and easily from my iTouch if I so choose. I have attempted to synthesize my Google Reader with Blogger, but it hasn't been what I expected and now I intend to put both that and this, as well as other tidbits on the Tumblr.

This new account maybe just one more thing to tend to, like a new, needy pet. On the other hand, I hope to create something a little more substantive and a little more articulate that just another gewgaw. Generally, I write here in a considerate and thought-out way; I want to present myself in that way when writing herein. With Tumblr, I can exhibit a bit more of that psychological bounciness and energy that I get when I bounce around between blogs, news articles, and the rest. If I make a trend of it, I tend to post future GoodReads reviews there--though the widgit works better here, as far as I can manage.

You will likely find just as many posts here as usual, but if you want a bit more than just long journal entries, try subscribing to the Tumblr feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment