Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Also...

Baking.

I know I haven't been posting much about baking of late. I have been baking infrequently, but with the grain mill, I inevitably improvise more than before. Also, I have managed to misplace two recipe notebooks in all too short a period, which has discouraged me from keeping up with recipes. Just today I made buns with kamut flour and flax seed as well as caraway rye with fresh hard red wheat flour. (The rye flour was store bought.) It is Lent and I have been fasting/not snacking so making bread has been less common because I cannot always eat it right away. And without sweets, well, that means many fewer baked goods, too. I may post soon about some daydream plans concerning baking of late, but for now I wanted to apologize for the absence of recipes and related exploits.

No comments:

Post a Comment