Friday, June 3, 2011

Compilation, Letters, and Travels

So, I have been traveling and am returning to Flagstaff tomorrow. Good times on the roads and skyways, but looking forward to my own quarters again. I trust that I have not been bamboozled in the meanwhile. For you, I have made a mix CD. It is called Wonders of Auto-Liberation, which is a reference to travel reading material. Any guesses? If you want a copy of the mix, email me your address or comment with it or what-have-you. I would be happy to do so. That said, I would like a return letter (paper, snail-mail, that sort of thing) or mix or something other to return the favor.

Wonders of Auto-Liberation, June '11
1. Home (RAC Mix) by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
2. The End by Best Coast
3. An old song by Kiki Pau
4. Harlequin Bands by The Lonelyhearts
5. Daughters of the Soho Riots by The National
6. Beg Steal or Borrow by Ray LaMontagne & The Pariah Dogs
7. Same Old Train by T-Model Ford and GravelRoad
8. Sun Hands by Local Natives
9. Jungles by Holy Fuck
10. Mykonos by Fleet Foxes
11. VCR by The xx
12. Roll Up Your Sleeves by We Were Promised Jetpacks
13. Scared as Fuck by An Horse
14. Honey Won't You Let Me In by The Tallest Man On Earth
15. Geography by Thao Nguyen
16. Why Do You Let Me Stay Here by She & Him
17. Surprise Hotel by Fool's Gold
18. Only The Sounds You Made by Tender Forever
19. Poke (Live) by Frightened Rabbit

Projects:
1. Short story about walking, getting lost, and possible becoming found in a European city;
2. A playful, sardonic pamphlet somewhat in the style of The Zombie Survival Guide about passing as a native human while being para/meta/super/non-human (inspired, in part, by X-Men: First Class); and
3. Returning to the detective story I have allowed to fall out of my attention.

And more generally, I hope to spend more time cooking and baking (especially vegan, potentially gluten-free) and providing notes and recipes here. I will be looking for work upon my return to Flagstaff, but hope to accomplish that task promptly and become modestly employed. At the moment, though, I have to pack up for the trip.

1 comment:

  1. I'm assuming I'm on the recipient list already, per our phone call the other day :) Something lovely will be sent in return, never fear.

    Do return to Vincenzi- I remember having dreams resulting from previous chapters which is a good indicator of their sticking power I think. Maybe I'll dig out the chapters I've printed already and have Ben read them as well.

    Miss you. I met a lady here you'd like very much, and have told her about you.

    ReplyDelete