Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On the move

I am out and about again, this time on my way to Flagstaff. It turns out that Northern Arizona University's Sustainable Communities Progra
is interested in me and has offered an assistantship. I am off to visit, although I have already informally agreed to the position, and so away from my computer and unable to post properly. I have a few subjects on which I hope to write soon, I will likely post the first chapter of my horror detective story I have been workin on--though the first burst of creative excitement has wained--and have to assemble a few photo albums of recent adventures and exploits; all of which I plan on linking to from here. If you're interested, I'll be posting photos and tidbits to bakingphilosophy.tumble.com, which will automatically go to the Facebook for posting on my wall as well.

And, an aside: After the trip to the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle with Anna, I have been inspired to read some more SF. First on the list willbe Ursula K le Guin's "The Lathe of Heaven" (though I am more excited for "The Word for World is Forest") and James Tiptree Jr., the title of which I cannot presently recall. I have some other noteworthies laying around, but we will see where it goes from there. I picked up the Bean Trees by Kingsolver as well--a writer I have avoided for her popularity--to read in Arizona, but have a humorous, nerdy little tagalong I can't yet put down.

Finally, I want to say that I love finding birds in airports. They break health code for the restaurants, probably cause minor messes, and potentially annoy staff. They sound little revolutionary songs, chittering about atoms when airports and other large spaces are built inclusively, have intentional nesting rows and miniature, artifiial ecosystems for them to coopt. They make the long gray capsules, the streamlined mania feel that much more human.

No comments:

Post a Comment