Thursday, July 28, 2011

Review of We by Yevgevny Zamyatin

Just wrote up a glowing review of a dystopian classic on GoodReads. Check it out. Also, did one for It's A Bird, a very fine, startling, and beautiful take on Superman. I have a small stack of graphic novels, short stories from Zamyatin, more Kenneth Grant, and (what I'm really excited about) Gun With Occasional Music by Jonathan Lethem to get to. It has been a deliciously gray day out here in Flagstaff with rain and epic arcs of lightning, with peals of lightning in quick pursuit. I have projects ahead of me (bike repair and firepit construction) before a little get-together Saturday night. In other news, I start volunteering at the CSA this weekend, which is rather exciting. Wish me luck as I check in with a few possible employers tomorrow, as well. I am on to chapter 19 of the Vincenzi story - recognize that the first ten chapters require some serious revision since they were written last year - and think I have about eight to go plus a brief conclusion/epilogue. Even in a draft format, I want to compile the chapters and have request editors. I would definitely appreciate it! And tomorrow afternoon I am going to finalize revisions I have been postponing and submit them to The Sun next week. I won't hear back for a few weeks or months, but it will be a nice break from thesis-ing.

No comments:

Post a Comment