Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Small Indulgence

I just got back from seeing Drag Me To Hell and it was fantastic. The occasionally over the top music was satisfying, the plot was straightforward horror, casting was pretty spot on (though acting was not always top notch, but with B style, it doesn't really matter), and the self-aware gross out/hilarious moments left my face skewed between disgust and giddy laughter. It even has a scene with an anvil. Who puts in a scene with an anvil? Sam Raimi does! And it is excellent. That guy loves the icky undead old women shtick.

In other news, David and Kate showed up on their cross-country move for the afternoon. As was to be expected, their company was splendid. Also, now I miss Brazil and everyone who experienced it with me.

Alas...

And finally, I have started researching my paper on xenia. It is absolutely happening and will involve some interesting further research. Hopefully I can dig into some more classical sources and may contact some professors back at Gustavus. I am excited.

1 comment:

  1. Caleb... you are fantastic, yes I only really met you for 5 minutes at Patrick's, but you are completely fantastic. Steph sent me the link to your blog and I'm now more educated on the world of fungi and I have a new recipe to try. Love it. I hope our paths cross down the road, I always have room in my life for baking, wandering, philosophic, romantic geeks. Take care.

    ~ Laura Prasek

    ReplyDelete