Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cosmic Brownies


I've been meaning to post this. Krysta and I made Cosmic Brownies (she insisted on the name) which were a delightful scenario and less of a challenge that I might have expected. When I wanted to make brownies for Miss Amanda Iris's return to town, I looked up "damn good brownies" and came up with this. I adapted the recipe, first by mixing in peanut butter blended with cream cheese which I simply threw in, though it may work best to melt and smear on top. The second adaptation was kind of more fun. Here is the recipe:

Cosmic Brownies
Wheat-free, no butter (not vegan, we included eggs)
Makes a lot of brownies and can can be sensibly split in half.

Preheat oven to 325 F

1 c cocoa powder
2 & 1/2 c white rice flour
1 tsp salt
Sift together. Set aside.

4 eggs
3 bananas, brown or frozen for easiest consistency
8 oz peanut butter
8 oz apple sauce
2 tsp vanilla
Blend together until smooth in a mixer, gradually add in dry ingredients. Mix for 3-5 minutes.

2/3 - 1 c dark chocolate chips
Pour into 2 greased 9x13 cake pans. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Note: You can make them thicker and cakier, which will definitely take longer time. We were both surprised how quickly these baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment