Thursday, June 10, 2010

CC Addition

I finally made it around to adding something I have intended to do all along. If you view the blog proper--as opposed to via an .rss feed or the Facebook--you will now see at the top right, just under the title block, a Creative Commons license. That is, thanks to Creative Commons, I can now say that all material is is 1) shareable, 2) noncommercial, and 3) attributed to yours truly. I have done this because of the inclusion of recipes on the site--I want people to cook and bake with me, but would like for them to acknowledge where that came from--as well as personal writing--which is distinctly mine. The work of Creative Commons is very interesting and important. Coast around their website or, for something slightly more fun, read Little Brother by Cory Doctorow or Remix by Lawrence Lessig. Both deal with CC in challenging, playful, and very readable ways. My senior philosophy thesis was also heavily influenced by the work of Creative Commons--it would not be the sort of success it was without it--and I look forward to understanding and utilizing their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment